• Each standard tile measures 800mm wide x 450mm high x 20mm thick and weighs 3.65kg
• Each standard or heavy tile will cover 0.28 square metres
• To calculate the amount of tiles needed, divide the roof area by 0.28
The Thatchbor treated thatch tile achieved a BS476: Part 7 Class 2Y standard for fire retardancy, as well as providing fungicide and preservative qualities.
• The binding strip is flexible, allowing the tiles to bend and conform to unusual undulating roof lines
• The binding strip consists of a two-part polyurethane mixture, reinforced with a nylon woven mesh
• South Africa Cape Reed known as Dekriot (Thamnochortus family of reeds)
• The South African Cape Reed is harvested from a replenish able, renewable resource and harvesting actually promotes growth